I played your game on my YouTube channel and gave some feedback on your game here. We're a smaller channel however we've growing fairly quickly and this was my first ever time trying VR on the channel and your game happened to be uploaded around the time I was making this video. I'd welcome you to come check out the video and the video containing your game will be up tomorrow the 13th at 9AM. Have a great day and keep making games because this was very cool! In the video there are time stamps in the description if you wish to jump to your game! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXoSYqva_jP83Ah3YOZx8eQ
King of the Drills (Demo Version)
A downloadable game for Windows
About the Game
King of the Drills is a turn-based tactical VR game featuring clans of hyper-intelligent moles battling for domination.
The moles have peaked in their technological ventures and strive to increase their intelligence even further by acquiring territory and resources. Each clan is ruled by a Commander Mole, a respected leader who commands their troops from above the battlefield in their command craft.
During the game, the player controls the Commander and a squad of four moles. They alternate between the tactical command view, plotting their strategies and viewing statistics, before switching to one of the squad moles. Here they can move, build cover and use their equipment by spending the action points they have on their turn. There are four mole classes; Infantry, Engineer, Sniper and Tank.
About the Project
Starting as a university project, King of the Drills has gone on to take part in the competition DARE Academy and was demoed at EGX 2019. Our goal is to develop the game even further so it can be released as a full title.
We are a Dundee-based games studio, aiming to create fun and original games.
Follow us on Twitter!
Follow King of the Drills on Twitter!
Note: Currently only works with Oculus Rift headsets and controllers.
- Oculus Rift
- One or more Oculus Sensors
- Two Oculus Touch Motion Controllers
Recommended Hardware Specifications
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel i7-4770 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 980ti or AMD Radeon RX 570
- Storage: 544 MB
- Oculus Rift Software
How to Run the Game
- Ensure your Oculus Rift and controllers are ready with the Oculus software running.
- Double click King of the Drills Demo.exe
- The game will begin in the Molehill Base hub.
- The missions Bootcamp Tutorial and Garden Assault are available to play.
- Select the mission you’d like to play by grabbing the mission stick on your left and pointing it at the mission node. Press the trigger to select the mission and then pull the lever to your right to start.
- For first time users, it is recommended to play Bootcamp Tutorial in order to become familiar with the gameplay and various VR interactions.
- If you need to quit the game or access any settings, press the Y button to access the menu.
- Enjoy the game!
- Demo UpdateJul 15, 2020